суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

food network tv




the old woman

The image of the old woman, almost ninety, who walks along the streets of the town where I live, never quite leaves me. I have written about her more than once, in fact, several times. Somehow for reasons I do not entirely comprehend, she inspires me from a distance to keep going, to persevere, perhaps because sometimes I would just as soon wave a white flag and declare the way is too hard.

I saw her yesterday as she walked in a misty, cold rain. She wore a long pink coat, a non de-script scarf, a hat of some sort. She had an umbrella extended in one hand and her cane to steady herself in her other hand.

I wondered why she didnapos;t stay in her modest little apartment especially when it was raining, why she didnapos;t tire more easily, what keeps her going, what makes her tick.

When I asked her recently how she stayed so positive, she simply said it never occurred to her to be anything but positive. She offered no other insightful word, no religious jargon, no counsel or guidance; only the quiet assurance of someone who has her feet firmly planted on the ground.

I know her story, her history. Believe me, she has been through the ringer, known significant loss, struggled to become the woman she is and frankly, I want to learn from her journey.

I hope she keeps walking, one step at a time, one day at a time, through the changing seasons of lifeapos;s journey. I hope she never gives up.
food network tv, food network tv .com, food network tv canada.



Комментариев нет: